A rich dough and colorful cherries make this festive holiday bread irresistible. I love to serve it at Christmastime for my family, fellow teachers and students. It makes a welcome holiday gift, too.
This delicious cherry filled candy cane braided bread is drizzled with a sweet vanilla icing! It’s the perfect treat for the holidays.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 c . butter softened
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 T . instant yeast
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons to 4 hot water
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in butter; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. Add water, egg and the milk mixture; beat well. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Visit Cherry Candy Cane Braided Bread @ gluesticksblog.com for full recipe αnd instructions.