I LOVE these. They are just too cute! The cutest cookies ever.
I made these for our family party and used multi color coated sunflower seeds instead of m&m’s! They turned out great. Awesome cookies to do with kids.
- 3/4 cup flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
For the small-batch royal icing:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg white
- 1 small tube of black icing for writing
- handful mini M&Ms
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat together with an electric mixer the butter and sugar. Once light and fluffy, add the egg yolk and vanilla and almond extracts.
- Once well incorporated, sprinkle over half the flour mixture and beat gently until combined, then sprinkle over the rest. Beat until no streaks of flour remain, but be careful not to over-mix.
- VIsit Christmas Light Cookies @ dessertfortwo.com for full recipe and instructions.