I made this for our Sunday School class Christmas party. It turned out well. I think next time, I will make twice as much of the Peppermint Cheesecake Layer. It seemed thin compared to the pudding layer. Another option would be using just one box of pudding mix for the pudding layer to make the layers more even. I did not use marshmallows. I used M&M’s Baking Bits, Christmas tree sprinkles, and crushed peppermint to top the final Cool Whip layer.
Christmas Lasagna is whimsical layered dessert with buttery red velvet shortbread cookie crust, peppermint cheesecake layer, white chocolate pudding, whipped cream and mini marshmallows on top. I’m sure it will be a hit at your Christmas gathering
Shortbread Cookie Layer:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter-softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Red food coloring
- Peppermint Cheesecake Layer:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 ½ cup Cool Whip-thawed
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 x 3.9 oz. box white chocolate instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- Green food coloring
- 1 ½ cups cool whip
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Red and green sprinkles
- M & M candies
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly butter 9 x 13 inch baking dish, set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, salt and cocoa powder.
- In large bowl beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add red food coloring and mix well ( I used 1 tablespoon food coloring to get intense red color). Turn you mixer on low speed and gradually add flour mixture. Mix until combine.
- VIsit Christmas Lasagna @ omgchocolatedesserts.com for full recipe and instructions.